Saturday, July 19, 2008

Real Quick...

Things haven't been okay lately. One of my friends recently said that since I haven't been updating my blog as frequently, perhaps it's a good thing. It's not a good thing. I need to update more, but I've just been in a funk. A really low, un-fun funk. So in order to get myself out of it, I decided today to dress up for no reason and find something to do with myself, although as of yet, I have no transportation (working on that at the moment).

So I wish I had a camera to take a picture of my outfit, make-up, and hair. I have to admit, I look super-foxy. Super-foxy indeed. We need to bring back that phrase, as well as "By Golly!". Anywayss....Baria Chapman is amazing. For those of you who know her, you already know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't, you just wish you could have a friend as amazing as she is.

She used to live next door to me while I was in high-school and now she lives in London with her husband and is pregnant with a little Chapman who is going to be freaking adorable! Anyway, she was here in Houston for the past week and she stayed with meeee! And she took me out to eat a bunch and went to coffee with me and let me vent and rant for a solid 45 minutes and she just basically spoiled me with her love. So Baria, when you read this, just know that I am very grateful for your friendship and thank you thank you thank you for the gifts, especially "the BIG one". Was not even expecting that. You're even more amazing now!

And on another note, the people in my life that I thought I could count on to be amazing have miserably fallen short. Instead of dwelling on that sad fact, I'll just form my own "family" of friends that love me, support me, and accept me for who I am...warts and all. I can't WAIT to go back to Austin. It's gonna be awesome, fabulous, and ridiculous all at the same time. UT here I come!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be in your family :) but only if by being in your family that means we're married.

Grace said...

yay! you will be my husband/wife, because we don't discriminate along gender lines like other lesbians. we'll play both roles at different times, or even at the same time! just to switch it up and keep it fun. also, we will have tons of mixed cinnamon bear children. =)

Mrs.Walker said...

Hi Grace,
Mrs. Walker here. Your dad told me about your suffering health some time back. I am so sorry. I would like to recommend a therapy for treating allergies that has been a big help for some fibromialgia and chronic fatigue sufferers. It is called NAET and was developed by an lady doctor from India(She is a licensed Chiropracter and an M.D. and an accupunturist as well) There are some people who do this technique in Austin.
Here is the Bio of one of the ones who does it. J. Nicole Lentfer is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in Texas and is also certified in NAET Allergy Elimination Technique. (NAET uses acupressure to relieve the body of specific allergies that are identified by muscle strength testing while holding the substance - no needles for allergy testing) She has been in private practice for four years and helps all types of clients with various health problems. Our clinic, the Natural Health Center of Austin, provides free community events every month to educate people on natural healthcare options.
Natural Health Center of Austin
4701 W. Gate Blvd. Suite B202
Austin, TX 78745
wholehealth@hotmail.com
512-892-3366
I read online the following..."Our initial consultation is always free. It lasts about 45 minutes to one hour and is a thorough evaluation of a person's health history to see what physical, emotional, and chemical stresses your body has been through. This puts together a picture as to why you're having problems now. Also, we do the tests most acupuncturists do to determine what is going on internally in your body as well as check for allergies, adrenal fatigue, and trigger points as needed."
Although I do not know this lady, on the NAET site it shows that she has had extensive training in this technique. Tom Eidson also does it in Arlington. I went through the testing and treatments with Tom and my blood pressure went down to normal! Since you need to go frequently for a while to resolve things if you are allergic to many things, you may want to go to someone in Austin.
I sincerely hope you find the cause of this malady. This could be the way to recover from or eliminate it. I hope so!
We will also apply the P-F-G-R Technique (Pray For Grace Rogers)
Cathy Walker

chapman said...

Hey, I thought you had another one based on our conversation the other day!!! Did you remove it? will call you soon again. I love speaking with you and keeping up what you are up to day to day.

Love and hugs,
from London UK