So it's Day 2 of the cleanse. When I woke up this morning I had a horrible headache and it's stayed with me all day. Also the pain in my neck and shoulders has intensified. It feels like someone is pulling and twisting my muscles there and then pouring lava all over them. I'm not taking my Darvocet because I don't want it to interfere with the cleanse. I've been sleeping a lot today because sitting up or walking around just aggravates my headache. I'm very fatigued and weak and my hands keep shaking. I feel like an 87 year old woman.
My mom juiced for me. It was horrible. Garlic, kale, carrots, apple. I usually juice kale, parsley, celery, lemon, and apples. It tastes really good too. So I've been drinking a lot of water and juice and water with herbs mixed in. Needless to say, I have to go to the bathroom a lot. FUN! I also had to do this hot/cold treatment where I have to dunk a towel in cold, ice water and then put it on my back and neck and then switch to hot. I have to do this seven times. It's supposed to stimulate circulation in those areas and relieve pain. I haven't noticed anything yet. It was not a pleasant experience though considering I'm so sensitive to cold.
I went to a Meet-up group on FM today. There was a lady there from FMAH (Fibromyalgia Association of Houston) and I'm glad I got to meet her because I'm going to their meeting as well next Tuesday. We talked about different doctors and specialists and medications. We also talked about exercise and what would be helpful but not too strenuous. It was nice to finally meet other people that have FM. I don't feel so alone now I guess...
On a more positive note: The author of one of my favorite celeb gossip blogs (http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/) actually wrote me back! I had sent her an email about her site and she wrote me back right away! I'm thrilled. I feel like I've "met" a celebrity. LOL. Anyway, I had mentioned in my email that because I have FMS and CFS, and that I don't do much but lay around the house and go to doctors so I'd love to throw suggestions at her about her site. Turns out her mother has had CFS since Sasha was 8 years old! She offered to give her my email address because her mom runs support groups for CFS. So that'll be cool to hear from her.
There's actually more to the story but I don't want to jinx it so I'll wait to post about it. **Fingers crossed**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment