Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 8

I'm listening to Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl". Awesome song. I also recently discovered Ultraviolet Sound. They are equally awesome too. I love new music. Wish I worked for a record company so I could meet all the new up-and-coming artists.

Anyway, I'm on the 8th day of my cleanse. Yay! I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it. I've tried cleanses a bunch of times before but never gotten this far before. So I am amazing. Amazing Grace. Heh heh.

Today I went to group and it was good because I talked about my break-up with this douchebag who shall remain nameless who totally fucked me over and deserves to die or at least lose a limb or something else... Anyway, it was very therapeutic and I'm glad I talked about it. Going back to Austin for school (which I plan to do in the fall) will be hard because he goes to my church there and I'm gonna have to see him and the girl that he was in love with the entire time he was with me (of course he failed to tell me that and convinced me to fall for him and lied and deceived me).

So when I see him again I can either A) Punch him in the face multiple times B) Spit in his face C) Kick him in the balls or D) Take the high road and ignore him completely until he tries to talk to me or looks at me in which case I will say:"We both go to this church and I like being here so I'm not going to leave just because you're here although I'd rather not be within 20 feet of you. But since we have to be around each other, that does not mean I want to talk to you and pretend like I'm fine with you because I'm not so don't bother trying to talk to me ever again. As a matter of fact, don't even look at me. Thanks." And then turn on my heel all dramatically and walk away without waiting to hear his response. Now I know to some, this doesn't sound like "taking the high road", but if you know me, you know that this is definitely the high road considering I could just do the aforementioned A, B, or C.

Enough about douchebags (my favorite curse word and I really like curse words)...Last night I went to see Itzhak Perlman with my dear friend Margaret Hunter and it was amazing, phenomenal, fantastic, unbelievable and so many other great superlatives! I had heard his music before (he is a concert violinst for those ignorant few) but I had never seen him in concert. He played Bach, Schumann and Strauss and some pieces by Tchaikovsky and the theme from Schindler's List.

Luckily, I just happened to be reading the newspaper about 4 hours prior to the performance and discovered he was playing at 8 at Jones Hall. SO of course I promptly texted Meg and told her about it since I knew she'd want to see him because she played the violin in high school and had seen him in concert before.

But neither of us had money and I was totally bummed because I figured we wouldn't be able to go. But she talked to my sister as she was coming home and told her I really wanted to go and she said she'd pay for me to go!! How nice is that??! My sister is the best!! And she didn't even get to go because she had prior plans. And Meg called her parents and asked if they'd wire her money so they did and we got to go! So we walked up to the box office right at 8 and asked to get two balcony seats. We were expecting it to be $32 each but it only ended up being $16 each (half-price) because we are students. Fucking awesome and unexpected! So then he asked us if we wanted to sit closer than balcony and we were like, hell yeah! So he found us 7th row tickets for only $37!!! We were over the moon. I was all like, "Wow, you're like my personal hero now! I feel like you should be sitting there inside with us!" He gave me a funny look and I was worried I'd creeped him out (a common occurrence) but actually I had lipstick on my teeth and Meg picked that moment to tell me! And then the ticket guy was like, "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to embarrass you." Too late! Lol. Shit like that happens to me all the time. I'm the Queen of Awkward. Love it.

So I know this is supposed to be about FM but I'm feeling so good today and so normal that I figured I'd tell you about what's going on with me in my "real" life. I am still having some pain but it's only a 5-6 on a 1-10 scale down from a 7-8. So I feel good. Yay! Hopefully I start to feel better soon. I'm about to go for a walk and get in my daily exercise and then get ready to go over to a friend's house for dinner. Oh, by the way, my good friend Acacia from London called me back today so I got to talk and catch up with her! I love her. We clicked immediately and we're like the same person. Can't wait to see her again in June! OK that's all for now folks.

X
Grace

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Awesome about the concert! I need to do more stuff like that - and way to go for sticking with the cleanse. Have I told you I lost 5lbs?!?! Not a cleanse exactly but anyway...maybe save that for an email! :) love you xx