Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 4

Yesterday my headache returned at about 4 or 5 pm. And the pain shot up to about a 9. I was very sad and kept bursting into tears because the pain was so unbearable. The headache kept throbbing in the front of my head and behind my eyes and every time I got up from a chair or out of bed, it made it worse. My dad came up to my room yesterday to tell me that instead of going to Ethiopia for a week and then London for 3 weeks, he was just going to go to Ethiopia and then come back to take care of me. I felt slightly guilty that he wouldn't be able to go, but I need my dad...now more than ever. I'm glad he'll be here.

Eventually I had to take my pain pill at about 1am and then my mom, dad, and sister had a late night pow-wow about how best to take care of me. I tried to get them to go to sleep but they refused. I hate being such a burden on my parents. I wish I was healthy not only for myself, but more importantly, for them. I've put them through so much lately. My sister will now be helping me juice and making my concoctions for me when I'm too tired or in too much pain. She has a flexible work schedule so she's able to do that.

Today I went to group therapy and there were actually people my age there! One guy was 22 and the girl was 30 (but she looked no more than 25). I was so happy to be around people who were my age and had similar issues and were in similar places in life.

I will be taking my pain medication now so I shouldn't be in such unbearable pain anymore. Today I had fresh juice (veggies and fruit) and fatoosh, tabouli, and cabbage salad from Fadi's Mediterranean grill. It was really good. I wish I could have hummus and bread though. Tonight I'm going to an Astros baseball game with my sister and her friends. I'm excited because I haven't been to a baseball game since 1994! It's been wayy too long. I'm not in as much pain today as yesterday, and I have no headache. I feel a little better, but I don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up.

No comments: